IBM Domino / Domino Designer 9.0.1 - What's New in Application Development
Added by Peter Janzen | Edited by Peter Janzen on November 1, 2013 | Version 9
This article provides developers with an overview of new features in IBM Domino & Domino Designer 9.0.1
In the area of Domino Designer, XPages and APIs, the changes and additions for this release include:
More details for a number of these topics can be found in the "What's new in IBM Domino Designer 9.0.1 Social Edition" article.
- Upgrade of Dojo version from 1.8.1 to 1.8.3
- CKEditor has been upgraded from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- Upgrading of XULRunner for XPiNC (XPages in the Notes® Client) to 10.0.6 to improve the rendering of XPages in the Notes client
- Making the following XPages features compliant with Web accessibility A11Y requirements:
- XPages run-time experience
- XPages Teamroom template web user interface
- XPages Discussion template web user interface
- XPages 9.0.1 Mobile Enhancements including the following:
- Addition of events to be used with the mobile Application Page and mobile Single Page Application controls in the Extension Library
- Addition of a deviceBean to provide an easy to use and easy to program way of identifying a popular range of mobile and tablet devices. With the information provided by this bean, you will be able to make programming decisions whether to load or unload parts of an application page based on the requesting device or browser.
- Photo/Video File upload capabilities enabled by support for partial refresh on file upload
- Default Mobile Theme and Mobile Theme Overrides for iOS and Android
- Mobile Debug User Agent switch to mimic iOS or Android user agents
- OneUI IDX Mobile Theme for iOS and Android in Discussion and Teamroom templates
- Dynamic Search (Search Engine Optimization) improvements including the support of search bots to coincide with improved the responsiveness of the wiki pages using the XPages dynamic content feature.
- Improvements to product help indexing
- Providing the ability to run server-based XPages applications directly on a Domino server by using the Run server-based XPages applications directly on a Domino server application launch option.
- Update to default Designer JVM.Properties setting to support higher memory requirements
- New high performance view navigator based on Note ID rather than position. Much more responsive display of deep hierarchical (i.e categorized) document collections.
- Upgrade to Commons Logging 1.1.2 which unblocks long-standing issues re XPages apps using other jars shipped with Domino (e.g. Axis). This makes it easier to consume web services
- New Calendaring and Scheduling REST service
- Access a user's calendar over HTTP
- Create, read, update, and delete calendar entries.
- Simple actions on entries and notices (accept, decline, counter, delegate, etc.)
- General updates for Domino REST services
- Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) protection across all services
- Read a user's password expiration date (and other statistics)
What's new in Designer 9.0.1
Note: This article will be updated with links to related references as they become available.